It comes by many names, Gig Economy, Share Economy, Maker’s Movement, and Collaborative Consumption; but the world is changing.
Today, Millennials, Boomers, and just about everybody whether international or local are expressing their talent and seeking to match with people who need their talent. Looking back, it really probably started with websites like eHarmony.com.
At CollaborateUSA.com we are The Place Where Helping Others Prospers You™. We are building a home for freelancers to offer their talents, products, services, ideas and causes. We help you match with others to explore relationships and profit.
Key Reasons Freelancing Is On The Rise
- By 2020, it is estimated that 40 to 50% of all workers will be Freelancers (independent contractors). Why? Since the downturn in 2009, introduction of legislation like the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare), etc. – there just are not as many good paying [jobs.]
- Be Agile. In the 21st century, big is out and small is in. Stay in your lane, find the skill or talent you have and offer it to the world. The virtual team is replacing the home office team. It started with technology, but quickly is expanding to admin, creative arts, marketing, design, products, services, and so much more.
- Build Your Personal Brand. It is about you, not a company. When you use a platform like CollaborateUSA, it is a tool to establish you in the marketplace, not CollaborateUSA. This is why Members get their own Shops, offer their own services, express their own Voice, Vote, and build their own brand.
- Relationships – Know Your Customer. One thing never changes, “You never get a second chance to make a good impression.” Second only to that is your customer list. Creating a list of satisfied customers is GOLD. If you have happy satisfied customers, you never run out of “referrals” which is how you grow quality customers – word of mouth.
- Everybody Must Get PAID. You have to have a way to make income, but also incentivize your customer to come back. This is where being a part of a platform or community helps you. You get to leverage the points, incentives, etc. of the platform and its entire community. At CollaborateUSA, we call that Patronage Points and Patronage Refunds. That’s right consumers and freelancers can both earn extra income and rewards by be “loyal” to the platform. CollaborateUSA has paid real money EVERY MONTH to its Share Members since it officially launch in January 2015.